ANIFAT BELLO, A TRAFFIC OFFICER WITH A DIFFERENCE - AK INFO BLOGS

.......towards accurate information services

Breaking


Tuesday 3 August 2021

ANIFAT BELLO, A TRAFFIC OFFICER WITH A DIFFERENCE



Credit: Ayannuga Olufemi

She is Mrs Anifat Bello from  Idowa in Odogbolu local government area of Ogun State she is already fifty years old. Born and bred at Oke Ado in Ibadan, she had her primary school at Oke Ado before moving to Oke Ado Secondary School Oke Ado in Ibadan, she worked briefly with Oyoyo Medicine Stores and Best Way Chemist before she obtained the form for the Nigeria Police College. 
According to Iya Ibeji as she is fondly called ' I never had the thought to become a Traffic Warden Officer but God has a plan for everybody in life...' 

She lived with one of her uncles since age six and when she finished her secondary education she had obtained the form for a School of Secretarial Studies at Challenge area of Ibadan, she had made a plan with her boss at Best Way Chemist to put her on a permanent morning so that she will be going for her part time course at the Secretarial Studies School but while the school was yet to resume another uncle of his came and persuaded her to attend the Police Training School. According to Aunty Anifa ' I came to Abeokuta to collect the form and did the examination, after some time I was told I did not pass very well hence I went back to Ibadan to continue my life but later they called me to come to an office in Eleweran in Abeokuta where they told my uncle that 'she can do the second one' , not knowing what they meant but my uncle was like 'yes yes she can do it she has no option she will do it' 
After two months I got to know that I was to be a traffic officer '
Anifat Bello, the first born of the family with eight children left her parents because when she wanted to start schooling she was too short hence she went to another school where her uncle's children were attending and she was admitted there. 
According to her 'Iya Anifa will go and drop me in the school in the morning and  by afternoon I will go to my uncle place where my mother will come to pick me up later in the day because my parents lived at Okebela while my uncle lived in Oke Ado where the school was located has this necessitated my living with my uncle during the week and by weekend they will come and pick me up so I will go home on Friday and come back on Monday, however with time they  decided that I should stay with my uncle permanently and to only come back home during the holidays '

She spent three months at the Police College Iperu where they were taught and drilled after which they wrote notes and examination. According to her after the third month they were taken to Sagamu for practical session. She was later posted to Ilaro, Ijebu Ode ( Sabo T junction) and finally to Abeokuta at Iyana Mortuary.  From Abeokuta she was transfered to Sango then to Ifo and finally back to Abeokuta where she is up till today. 

According to this woman who has been  awarded by many organizations and agencies across the state  ' I had a challenge sometimes in the ago but thank God that a boss of mine was readily available to encourage and motivate me, it was from my boss that I learn that If you have a problem just Know that there are others in worst situations than you are and when you are doing your work always do it with a happy mind '
On a number of times this dedicated hardworking woman has been seen singing while controlling the traffic with humor, ease and joy at different locations within the metropolis. According to a road user' from her days at Iyana Mortuary she has always been a delight to every road users and now that she is at NNPC junction it is always a thing of joy for me to see her controlling the flow of vehicles with ease and delight under the flyover, I will be glad to recommend her for recognition and award by the government if I am in that position, she is simply the best '
According to Mrs Anifat Bello,' When you have God you already have everything, when you walk with him all things will.work.for your good 
Even the Bible says thou seest thou a man diligent in his work he will stand before Kings and not stand before mean men Prov 22 verse 27, I was a Muslim by birth but along the way I met Christ, told I am bold to say God has a plan for everyone just do your work with joy and happiness from the heart and leave the rest to God '

Recounting an experience she said one day I was patrolling in a particular place and I saw five people crossing without looking at the traffic and a bike man was coming luckily nothing happened but I shouted in my usual way "what is your problem do you want to kill your self look at that okada man with children at his back do you want to injure them ni? Unknown to me those kids on the motorbike were my children, it was not until I heard I heard one of them shouting ' mummy' That is me, I don't keep quiet to avoid accident, prayer is the key on this job '

She has been working since 1991 meaning that she has put in thirty years on this job and organisation's such as NUJ, NLC and JIC have given her awards.

Ayannuga Olufemi
Reporting from Abeokuta
08035281050

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Pages